Thursday, April 15, 2010

Everyone but me

Sometimes it feels like everyone is successful but me. I need to stop comparing myself to other people... and I need to remind myself that I am awesome and have achieved great things. I can't pretend my life is perfect.. lame! But i wish it was better.

Dont get me wrong.. I count my blessings. My kids are beautiful and healthy, albeit little psychos (seriously, they dont get it from me! SURE!) I have somewhere to live, food in the fridge, and a (kind of, but not really) free education... I just wish that I was better, more successful. Richer? Definately skinnier. A good mum.

I guess Im just procrastinating, freaking out cos I have an exam tomorrow night, and Im behind in my studying, and im tired. My landlord wants my parents broken down landcruiser out of the yard by next friday, and the mobile phone bought for me about a month ago is already broken.. thanks to milk.

I need to toilet train my kids, but Im not patient enough. Monique isnt really interested and Zeke is just a pain in the butt.

ok.. take a breath. No more whingeing!

I havent yet reported an awesome weigh-in result. .... I lost 2.9kgs! After my last post, I actually put on another 1.5kgs, lovingly, indulgently through Easter and my birthday.. But since the 6th of April, Ive been on an exercise kick... and last monday (12th) i weighed in at 101kg.. I was so happy about that! Still am, mind you. So I've tried to keep it up, and am hoping to break into double digits next monday.. we'll see.

I have also learnt a new recipe.. low-fat chicken parmagiana (how do you spell that?) .. its awesome and so yummy and soooo easy! chicken, ham, salsa and cheese... team it with salad, you really cant go wrong ;p

And Im going to start the couch to 5k program on monday.. running! well, a slow jog holding my boobs at first, but yeah.. getting there :) you know what.. im gonna go and get a picture of me now.. so i can see how gorgeous I am (;p) and compare it in about 2 months time.....

1 comment:

Hazel from Hazel Loves Design said...

I just want to say... I LUFF your blog, I never realised how intelligent you are, and on this you use lots and lots of exciting big words all strung together in beautiful ways.. I"M JEALOUS! I wish I could do that! I feel kind of naughty reading it though, it's like a Diary entry... so I just want you to know I completely 100% support your ambitions and congratulate you whole heartedly on your progress! MWAH! And let me know if there is anything I can do to help :)Hazel