I have had one of those days. I feel yucky, raw and insecure about the social interactions I've been through today. And its just the normal, daily, nothing out of the blue type day for everyone else. I've been feeling the pangs of those 'why did that happen' or 'what is wrong with me' thoughts, feeling as though you are in that hole, and are being judged and scrutinised by people. Judged and scrutinised dont even feel like the right words. Its more like they are on the other side of a glass wall - and I am not one of them. I try to relate. But I imagine them thinking Im strange, or a wierdo, or too competitive, or talk about myself too much. And then I feel dejected that I do or am those things. I wish I didn't do those things. I feel derision. Their non-existent derision. And that secret is the quietest whisper of all.Maybe I'm not those things. Hope.
Sitting here, assignment due, lids heavy, chores pending,everyone asleep. I feel like eating. Im thirsty too. I want to feel better. cryng wouldnt really help, the tears wouldn't come anyway.
....I think about the things in the fridge. toast. butter. I can taste. Imagine the taste. I want the taste. A snap decision. But a little bit more. I'm still hungry. Why did I eat all that?
There has to be the possibility of change. There has to be a moving on. I can't stay here, in this dark place. It's lonely. It's sad. It forgets. Oh, to think about something else.
Where do I start? In which dimension is the answer? I need to cheer up. I'm bored with the sadness. I will forget for a while, ignore for a while, think of something else for a while. But it returns, and I am there again. I feel watched and threatened by society again. I dont even have the guts to address the causes. I don't want to. Am I covering up for the fact that I don't know how to?
Where is this meaness and cruelty from? I am blank with the grey numbing exposure.

4 comments:
Well...at least now i know how to spell grey! And uh, honey - you and i are living in the same world. which is how you knew mine was all illusion! sorry you are in that place - but you describe it SO well....keep writing, you will use it some day........how about that outing tomorrow - away from our grey?
oh - and there is NOTHING wromg with you - you just think more than others. hard..but way more interesing....was it Madonna who said - the unexamined life is not worth living? heeeheeeheee. buut now i have to google whp DID say it!
socrates
Thanks :) Its really just a fleeting moment that comes and goes. I have never really tried to define or express the thoughts and feelings that go through my head - and this grey place has been lurking for the last 25 years... when I read it, it helps me rationalise it, or if not, just kind of deal with it, and know it in some way, in the hope that one day I will leave it completely behind.
Post a Comment