Just like people, I think books come into your life for a reason. To entertain you, bore you into doing something else or teach you.. inspire you.
A friend brought a book over for me to ruin (that is what she said.. but i'll try not to) called "SOUL: Lessons and Soul Purpose." It's one of those books along the same vein as all the other spiritual self help books.. such as The Celestine Prophecy, or Journey to the 9th Planet (also called the Thiaoouba Prophecy or something like that), the Alchemist and so on.
I started reading it tonight. It speaks to me. So I kept reading. And for the sake of spiritual growth, I thought I would put a few things down here.. for me to think about. There are 22 lessons... so we'll see how I go - if this is another one of those things I start but don't finish.
Lesson #1 - You are a Divine Immortal Being
Your purpose - To love yourself as God loves you.
Here I am an Apprentice - I have heard of this before, but I a starting to accept it - but it doesn't feel like it applies to me, or that I am capable of being a divine immortal being. I am too concerned with others' opinions of me and my external appearance.
Here I am an Apprentice - I have heard of this before, but I a starting to accept it - but it doesn't feel like it applies to me, or that I am capable of being a divine immortal being. I am too concerned with others' opinions of me and my external appearance.
How Celestine. That's all I will say - even though this blog is for my confessions. Oh alright - yes yes. I do care what others think. I can't stand the fact that they think the wrong things about me - even if their opinions are partly because of my behaviour towards thems. I feel hate because they influence the way others think of me.
And I am concerned with my external appearance! I have been expending so much energy on losing weight, and beating myself up for not doing that, or sticking with it. Energy I could use elsewhere.... I keep telling myself and others that it really is all in the mind - so I need to re-frame the way I am trying to lose weight - I need to work on my mind. I keep thinking that I will be so happy when I have lost it - but I want to be happy now. Surely it would come from happiness in a more natural and pleasureable way? So if I fix my mind - heal my soul - then maybe losing weight will become less of a struggle. Because really, my weight is a reflection of my sadness.
- Focus on the things you love and appreciate about yourself, doing so out loud and often
- Vocally give yourself approval
- Take the time to notice the activities that bring you peace and do them
- Affirm that you are loved by your Creator
Lesson #2 - You are a Divine Co-Creator
Your purpose - In fully accepting your creative power, You honour and respect your soul and remind others to do the same.
I am an Apprentice here too - I find the idea encouraging, but have those doubts that I can actually change my world. I start reading self-help books but don't finish them, the ideas are fun but I don't take them too seriously - enough to act on them. I think I may be borderline Journeyman as well - I do accept resonsibility for my life and mmy choices, and where they lead me now - and I am ready to move forward and create a better, happier life.
This reminds me of a book I have somewhere called Synchrodestiny by Deepak Chopra. Its an interesting book, which.. haha ... I have started reading a few times.. and never finished. I don't think I have made it through half of the book. I love Synchronicity. I do recognise how my choices have brought me here, and I know I have the power to change - it is a matter of manifesting those thoughts into reality - and stopping the self-doubt and other ego distractions from getting in the way.
- Make a list of the things you want to accomplish now, and measure the amount of enthusiasm that each goal inspires in you.
- Only pursue those desires that greatly excite you, forget the rest for now.
- Talk only about your successes. Be silent about your failures.
- Think of creating as playing with a magic wand. What possibilities would you like to develop right now?
The above are the actions for the Apprentice - Below are those for the Journeyman... I will do those too and then get back to you in a week :) So long as my friend doesn't want her book back - in which case I'll make her let me scan it :s
- Every night before going to bed, jot down your days creations
- Make two columns: In column A, list successes and satisfying manifestations; in column B, describe bloopers
- Next to the achievements in column A, note several things you did to bring them abut. In column B, write down a few things you did or failed to do that caused disappointment.
- List those positive patterns that will lead to more happiness and accomplishment.
- name the areas in which you are creatively strong and those which you struggle.
- Look for negative habits that hinder your efforts to achieve your desires and that are absent with regard to your successes.
2 comments:
ok so I have written 4 things i want to accomplish now. But what happens if none stand out as more exciting than the rest?
Should I base it on interest in things? Three of the things I have to do (graduate, lose weight, move house) and one I really want to do (write an historical fiction)... but there are more pressing things - graduating and then moving out. Weightloss is supposed to happen on the way. The book might become a 'one day'.... hopefully not though.
And now, looking at the journeyman tasks - I believe I am not as borderline as I thought. What did I create today? What are my manifestations?
I did go for a walk down to Bunnings with Zeke... that could be a manifestation of me wanting to lose weight - and trying to occupy Zeke, and getting cable ties to put on my helmet so Magpies don't attack me.
A blooper would be snapping at Zeke when he got cranky cos it wasn't fun enough.
What if what I created is really mundane? Is what they mean by 'creating' or 'manifesting' about doing something to achieve those things you want to accomplish? I guess I can still do that....
Post a Comment